- Fluent in Written and Spoken English
- Flexible Schedule
- Individualized Instructions
- Fresh Graduates
- Experienced Teachers
- Some College Students with Good English
50-Hour Teaching English to Young Learners Certificate
The course is designed for practicing teachers or for teachers in preparation who may or may not have formal training in second and foreign language teaching methodology. It provides an overall introduction to key aspects of language teaching methodology in an accessible yet non trivial way. The purpose of this course is to explore issues as they relate directly to the teaching of English to young learners.
The Course is intended for:
•experienced & novice teachers
•parents of young learners
•teachers who have experience teaching older learners
•individuals who are supervising teachers of young learners
•people who design EFL or ESL programs for young learners
1. Orientation and introduction to teaching English, EFL or ESL to young learners and a brief overview of young learner development.
2. Reflection questions invite the student to think about critical issues in young learner teaching, and action activities require the student to apply what they have learned in their own situation.
3. How to teach English to young learners who may or may not have literacy skills in their native language.
4. Practical illustrations from many course books and extracts from authentic classroom situations.
5. How to effectively work with parents even if they do not speak English.
6. Dealing with classroom management, special needs children, technology in the children’s classroom.
7. Many suggestions for books, articles and web sites for resources and up-to-date information
8.A glossary of definition of language, early childhood and education teaching terms.
The trainee of this course is assessed through their reflective essays and quizzes.